Sunday, February 26, 2006

productivity

0
2/26/2006 07:48:00 PM
the music i am in love with at the moment: rachael yamagata, "the reason why"

the web site i am in love with at the moment: post secret

today we had such a productive day.... (the remainder of this paragraph has been deleted to save innocent souls from boredom.)

blogging's been on my list o' things to do this weekend, but i'm not getting around to it until now, late sunday evening.

i've wanted to blog about issues of late last week. my principal came to visit me on friday morning before school began. in fact, i got the feeling that he'd been awaiting my arrival. i already had it planned, because i'd been thinking it out. i grew up alone, i lived alone, so it only follows that i work alone as an adult. it's the way i do things. i resent people i don't know telling me how to get it done. instead, i prefer guidelines and then to work alone. it's perfectly valid and i refuse to let anyone tell me it's not okay. but it worked out alright. he just wanted to make sure i know what i'm getting myself into (alone). things're going to work out well, because there have been few things in my life as important to me as being a good teacher.

but i did arrive at a helpful, new hypothesis as a result of all this thinking, and i'm going to share. however, remember that it's only a hypothesis. =) there are two kinds of people, those that accept responsibility for the control of their lives, and those that attempt to control the world in their quest for self-control. the former are the successful ones. the latter are the ones who go through life continually looking for something that's unattainable. those who've transformed from the latter into the former are the only true artists.

i just felt so much more at ease when i accepted this as probable truth. i control myself in relation to the world; i don't control the world in relation to myself.

for instance, i have to be the one who's strong....

you must remember you're a star, girl!

More about the phenomenal author

I don't know how to get over someone as dangerous, tainted, and flawed as you. You're screwed up and brilliant, look like a million dollar man. So why is my heart broke?

0 comments: